Today is November 1st! I’m starting to get that enthusiasm that only comes this time of year. Searching for missing gloves and boots, daydreaming about baked goods that are only permitted after Thanksgiving, and turning my thoughts to planning and preparing for the most special time of year.
I’ve had these thoughts on my mind:
- making our first winter’s batch of marshmallows, and soon
- finding more woolen things to keep the girls in, like these from last year
- Bobby’s birthday and how we can celebrate it meaningfully in Williamsburg
- making a list for homemades for the girls for Christmas–last year were cloaks, to get ahead of the game
- helping Caroline (the over zealous one) tone down her long gift-making list–my absolute favorite from last year
I’d love to hear:
How do you prepare for winter? For the holidays? What do you plan ahead?