Here’s a little something to whip up for this particular February week. You can store it to share for a valentine party or enjoy it by the handfuls before then. Here’s our Valentine Popcorn…
- popping corn
- coconut oil
- good quality white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli melts wonderfully)
- dried cranberries
- valentine-colored sprinkles
- Heat some coconut oil in a kettle (we use a Whirley Pop to make popcorn). Add kernels and pop your corn. We make a few batches of popcorn, enough to fill two large bowls of popcorn.
- Lay the popcorn out in a single layer on parchment paper.
3. Using a double broiler (or creating one with a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water), add your white chocolate chips. As the heat begins to melt the chips, stir with a wooden spoon. Stir until the chips are completely melted and smooth.
4. Drizzle the melted, hot white chocolate all over the popcorn. Now drop handfuls of cranberries over the popcorn. And lastly, add the sprinkles.
5. Let your “little helpers” sneak some clumps of popcorn.
6. Since I don’t coat the popcorn in white chocolate–it is more like a drizzle–I like to stir and mix up some of the bigger clumps of chocolate with the dry pieces of popcorn using my spatula. As you move the popcorn around, it will also mix in any loose cranberries and sprinkles in with the chocolate.
I love the festive reds, pinks, and white and that it is a pretty healthy valentine treat. We bagged some of ours up in individual bags last night for the car ride home from the library for family night. Everyone was pretty excited to eat their own creation.
the sleepy time gal