We all took turns making dinner each night while at the beach. We enjoyed shrimp and grits from one family, pasta, pesto and peas from our family, and this beautiful masterpiece my sister-in-law created herself. I am happy to introduce you to what we affectionately named “Hatteras Bruschetta.”
- Toast 1 inch slices of ciabatta bread in the oven.
- Saute chopped fresh mushrooms.
- Mash avocados and add lime juice and salt to season.
4. Chop tomatoes.
5. Now assemble. First guacamole, mushrooms, tomatoes, and then a sprinkling of feta cheese.
6. For the kicker, a splash of fresh lime juice right on top.
Serve with a small side and a light summer dinner is served.
How does your family top bruschetta?